Friday, August 14, 2009

The Last 4 Pounds

This is very exciting. I have decided that it is time to go shopping for the dress I will wear to my son’s wedding. We are one month away from the nuptials and it’s time. With only 4 pounds to go, I doubt it will be that much of a difference in sizing, and if so I know a fabulous seamstress who can fix me right up in an emergency.

I was out surveying what was available and trying on some dresses, just to get a feel for sizing and how things hang on the new figure. Let me tell you, this is exciting. I remember this body. I starting trying on cloths in styles and cuts that I used to wear and it was a feeling of, well, finally being in Kansas again. I think I even look better than I did before I put on this weight because I’ve been working out. I have more muscle tone than I did when I was cleaning houses. There is still much work to be done in the butt and thighs department and I don’t think I’m ready for a bikini, but Chris sure likes what he sees.
I pulled my hair back yesterday in a style I haven’t worn in a while because it made my face look too round and wow, I recognize that face. It’s my face. The only I kept feeling like I should be seeing every time I looked in the mirror instead of that old woman with a gobbler chin looking back at me.
This weekend I will be cloths shopping and I will be enjoying every single minute of it for the first time in five years.
As good as I feel, this is merely motivating me to keep going rather than giving me permission to slack off. That is very different from other times.
Yesterday, when I was taking my lunch walk, I had on a new pair of jeans and fitted knit top and my hair down. I got checked out by not one, not two, but three guys driving by and one of them was a hot young college guy on a motorcycle.
I feel great and about 10 years younger. Woo Hoo can’t wait to see what 4 less pounds from now feels like.

No comments:

Post a Comment