Friday, July 3, 2009

Vacation

Vacation is the enemy of weight loss.
I started my vacation yesterday. Every attempt to keep my routine has been thwarted be my greater desire to do what I want. To be able to do the things I don’t have the time for when working. These things, unfortunately, do not include working out. Without that extra exercise, I am left with a very limited amount of calories. Since I am on vacation and it’s a holiday, that number will be exceeded. I fear I will not maintain my rate of weight loss this week. With BBQs and picnics this weekend, I might even gain. This is frustrating and yet I don’t seem to be motivated to do anything differently because i want to just enjoy my vacation. I need to be able to relax and not think about these things. Should I just let it be? If I deny myself the pleasure of not worrying about it now, will I rebel harder later? Maybe, if I just give myself some room and accept the idea of just not gaining weight being good enough, I can think about the best choices I can make this weekend and still do what I want.
Or is that all just a rationalization?

No comments:

Post a Comment